Saturday, October 8, 2011

a message to a friend about a new door

nine disticnt lion calls- it's kind of creepy to be playing with a dead lion and blowing air through his larynx but at the same time marvelous to be playing music with it- gives me an interesting idea for an Anime bad guy... (i often think in terms of comics and imagine various outlandish characters or in less fantastic terms i'll see a moment in life that can be beautifully rendered as a comic...)

bits of metal, yes!

before i tell you what songs i do, and by the way i'd like a song list from you too, i have to tell you, though it makes me sort of sick in side to realize, i should go back to austin in november.

the reasons i see are: (1.) that i have some of stored at one of my friend's houses and i some of my stuff stored in another friend's storage unit. i paid for half the unit up front, but i will owe him some more money when i get back. granted i could just continue to send him more money, but i feel like it would be rude of me to leave people to deal with my shit for several more months than they agreed to. (2.) i conveniently or inconveniently never got a my I.D. renewed before i left TX, although, i've lived without a valid id for 11 years and don't really want one, in my future i feel like it will be necessary, ie. in can't walk on a plan and possibly not the amtrack -(i mean it's kinda fucked, i really don't want to get an id, it's a bunch of fuckin red tape- but that's just the thing, i often shy away from dealing with these bullshit little clerical issues and i think maybe it's time in my life to just get shit handled.) oh yeah, i also intend on going to europe in the next two years and i'm under the impression i can't get a passport without an I.D.-blah!

by the way, i've never been out of the country unless you count Tijuana, and i don't- so now my new plan is christmas trees next year and europe directly!- or at least the Spring after.

thank you immensely for talking to your friend about it.
know this too, i am really excited about this, about all this, last night after i got off the computer with you i went out side and stood on the porch and looked at the dim mountains in west and knew that i just walked through another door. you are the woman in the woods that helped me find it!

i wanted this trip to be entrance into a new existence for me, it has been. i'm grateful for the mountains, the trees, the leaves, the bugs (butterflys extracting water from poo, beetles rolling up the poo, wasps and cock roaches playing strings-) and all the fury and feathery critters, the wind and the SOIL and STONE.

and i am grateful for the new friends i have made.
and you will always have a friend in me.

i want to visit in the summer and maybe go to canada and come back and do christmas trees- ha! then europe, what a year!

-we shall speak later i'm sure.
-Adam

2 comments: